Now Hiring Acoustical Consultants!
Junior Year Students. Ask about internships.
Wave Engineering is an independent consulting firm specializing in acoustics, noise and vibration. Our clients include architects, contractors, engineers, corporations, school districts, developers, governments, institutions, and individuals.
Located in beautiful Littleton, Colorado, a southern suburb of Denver, Colorado, our office is minutes from a vibrant local downtown with Light Rail access to Denver. Recreational opportunities abound, including all that the Rocky Mountains has to offer. Littleton is home to an award winning school district and is an ideal place to raise a family.
Wave Engineering is soliciting for two positions for talented individuals to help us continue to grow. We are working on a wide range of projects related to architectural acoustics, environmental noise and vibration. We want someone who is prepared to work collaboratively and offer practical solutions to a variety of problems. In addition to technical capability, we place a premium on creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness and the ability to solve unique problems. Effective communication is key, both with graphics and clear and concise English. Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects are a must.
Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering or science - Acoustics, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical or other discipline with coursework related to acoustics and vibration. Direct experience in consulting is preferred.
Jr. Acoustical Consultant: (0 – 5 years experience) Internship or equivalent experience highly desirable.
Acoustical Consultant: (5 – 10 years experience minimum)
• Acoustics/noise/vibration field measurements. These can require work outside of normal working hours and can require overnight travel, sometimes to other parts of the country. Field work can result in long days and can require climbing ladders, walking long distances over rough terrain, navigating obstacles and carrying equipment that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Reviewing and interpreting LEED, ANSI, ASTM, and ISO acoustic standards.
• Reading architectural/mechanical/structural/civil drawings for use in acoustic work.
• HVAC and mechanical noise calculations.
• Develop architectural acoustics reports, drawings, details and specifications.
• Analyze acoustic solutions using computer modeling software, including CadnaA and INSUL.
• Observe on-site construction to review the implementation of acoustical solutions.
• Marketing functions, including generating content for social media, blog posts, newsletters, etc.
Apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Describe how your skills and experience address the needs of the position. Ability to write and communicate effectively is an absolutely critical skill for the successful candidates. Must be able to demonstrate at the time of hire proof of permission to work permanently in the US and a valid driver’s license.